Limbic’s single estate, cool climate wines are grown and passionately crafted in Pakenham Upper in South Eastern Victoria just 75km from Melbourne.
Overlooking the coastal plains of Western Port Bay, Limbic falls within the Port Phillip Zone.
Adjoining the Gippsland Zone, Limbic is nestled in the lush, rolling hills of Pakenham Upper, south of the Yarra Valley and north east the Mornington Peninsula.
- Single estate, cool climate wines
- Meeting / Conference Facilities:
- Wedding Facilities:
- Picnic Facilities:
- Dog Friendly:
- Winery Tours:
- Wine Tasting:
- Art or Architecture:
- Organic / Biodynamic:
- Wine Club:
- Lodging / Bed & Breakfast:
A single taste or aroma can transport you to another world and evoke vivid memories. Wine has an ability to connect sight, smell, taste and touch in a visceral and emotive way.
Our label features the artwork of our daughter Gemma who has completed her studies in visual arts and continues to paint. The label, created during Gemma's studies, was inspired by the intricacy and complexity of cork, a material inextricably linked to wine.
More of Gemma’s artworks will feature on future Limbic labels.
Practices & Techniques
Our grapes are hand harvested into small buckets, undergo bunch triage on the sorting table, and are processed in a low volume crusher destemmer, followed by an air bag press to gently extract the juice. Small open fermenters and multiple winery levels were specially designed to allow natural gravity transfer rather than a reliance on pumps, reducing agitation and oxidation. The underground cellar was developed to provide the perfect conditions for barrel fermentation and maturation.
Estate Vineyards / AVA
We always recognised that to produce truly premium wines we would require fully mature vines, so we waited, experimented and developed an understanding of the way our fruit, soil, climate and environment behave, hence our first commercial release was not until the 2003 vintage.
At Limbic we practice biodynamic vineyard management, aiming to reduce the use of chemicals and their impact on our fragile environment. We embraced a natural and integrated approach to pest management early in our development aiming to eliminate all non-organic pesticide use. The adoption of biodynamic practices in 2004 has further improved vine health and disease resistance.
- Federation Square Victorian Wine Regions Showcase and Annual Wine Awards 2006. Federation Square Best Chardonnay - Limbic 2003 Chardonnay
- Runner up at 2005 Tri Nations Wine Challenge Sauvignon Blanc Category - Limbic 2004 Sauvignon Blanc
- James Halliday’s 2006 Australian Wine Companion: “Best of The Best” Most highly rated Sauvignon Blanc 95 points
- The 2004 Limbic Chardonnay medalled at the recent 2007 Gippsland Wine Show and at the 2007 Cool Climate Wine Show, Mornington.