Iron Hub Winery
Nestled on a hilltop with the prettiest view in Amador’s Shenandoah Valley, the new Iron Hub Winery produces handcrafted estate bottled wines. Our new tasting room and outdoor patio provide a picturesque setting for your tasting experience. Owner / winemaker, Tom Jones, employs a careful vineyard-to-bottle winemaking approach, resulting in balanced and elegant wines that showcase the distinctive characteristics of our vineyards. Visit our beautiful winery where you can taste both white and red wines and picnic with the perfect view. Schedule a vineyard tour and tasting for early in the day at email@example.com.
Located in the picturesque foothills east of Sacramento with a spectacular view of the Sierras.
Fax: (209) 245-3280
- Filled with natural light the new tasting room offers a commanding view of the Shenandoah Valley and the Sierra. A large patio offers exceptional picnicking opportunities and artisan deli food is available for purchase.
- Iron Hub owns its bottling line and visitors are welcome to watch. Visitors may also observe each phase of wine making across the seasons, beginning in the vineyards during spring and to crush in the fall.
- Varietals include Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé, Chardonnay, Barbera, Grenache, Sangiovese, Zinfandel, Syrah, Aglianico
- Meeting / Conference Facilities:
- Wedding Facilities:
- Picnic Facilities:
- Dog Friendly:
- Winery Tours:
- Wine Tasting:
- Art or Architecture:
- Organic / Biodynamic:
- Wine Club:
- Lodging / Bed & Breakfast:
Average Bottle Price
Proprietor & Winemaker
Raised in Northern California, Tom graduated from University of California, Davis in the 1980s with a BS in Geology and a Master of Science degree in Enology & Viticulture. Tom was the founding winemaker for his family’s winery, Lava Cap Winery, in Placerville, California. For over thirty years, Tom has developed an approach to winemaking that blends science, art, and respect for the rich complexity of each grape varietal. Consistently sophisticated and well-structured, his wines have a bold and elegant style and have earned international acclaim.
Tom and Beth Jones purchased the 33-acre property in late summer 2014.
The property includes hillside vineyards in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley AVA of California.
The new tasting room opened in December 2017.
Winemaker Assistant Spencer Jones
Owner Beth Jones
Estate Vineyards / AVA
2015 Chardonnay | Silver, 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
2014 Sangiovese | Silver, 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
2014 Barbera | Silver, 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
2014 Grenache | 90 Points from Wine Enthusiast, March 2018 Issue
2014 Old Vine Zinfandel | 91 Points from Wine Enthusiast, May 2018 Issue
2014 Syrah | 91 Points from Wine Enthusiast, May 2018 Issue
2014 Resolute | Gold, 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
2014 Barbera | 90 Points from Wine Enthusiast, June 2018 Issue
2014 Sangiovese |89 Points from Wine Enthusiast, June 2018 Issue