Oregon is home many great wines and has lots of quality wineries that you can visit. Oregon has four distinct wine regions – Eastern Oregon, Southern Oregon, North Willamette Valley, and South Willamette Valley. There are nearly five hundred wineries in Oregon, which makes it hard for wine lovers to pick just a few to visit. Most of the top Oregon wineries are located in the picturesque Willamette Valley. Large numbers of them are family-owned private wineries. An interesting fact is that Willamette Valley is very similar to Burgundy when it comes to quality of wines, so there are many Burgundian wineries in this Valley that are worth visiting.
The following are a few wineries where you can go on a tour and enjoy wines from finest quality:
- Archery Summit is a winery that produces one of the greatest Pinot Noir wines in the world. They are following the best practices for producing the wine and there are five vineyards which you can go see. The spectacular setting and carefully crafted wines make this winery one of the top places to go on a tour.
- Adelsheim Vineyard is one of the first wineries in the state of Oregon. There are twelve vineyards that produce Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris. Great place to sample wines and admire the scenery.
- Chehalem Wines are one of the finest producers of Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. This winery was recognized as Winery of the Year 2014, so it is well worth seeing. There is a tasting room where you can taste numerous wines and enjoy.
- Elk Cove Vineyards is one of the most respected wineries in Oregon. Its wines have won many awards for quality and this winery is well known for producing some lesser-known wines like Muscat. The tasting room in this winery is spectacular and always attractive for the visitors.
- Domaine Serene is a winery that will immediately get your attention due to its Tuscan-like setting and its top wines. Critics always label this winery as one of the best in Oregon. It offers great ambiance and the décor is simply breathtaking.
- Ponzi Vineyards are also on the top list for places you have to go on a wine tour. They have set pretty high standards for all other Oregon wines, and they belong to the top US producers of wine. Their winery offers wine tasting, you can also go visit the historic estate, or relax in the bistro and the wine bar.
- King Estate Winery located in the beautiful South Willamette Valley is well-known for its award-winning world-class wines. The vineyards are farmed organically, and there you will also find a top quality winery restaurant where dishes are prepared by Michelin-Stared Chefs. The picturesque setting of this winery, as well as the views from the King Estate Winery, are spectacular, so this is another place that should not be missed when going on wine tours in Oregon.